28 oktober 2019 - 30 oktober 2019
Life Sciences & Health Qatar
From the 28th – 30th of October 2019 the Dutch Embassy in Qatar and the Task Force Health Care (TFHC) will organise a Health mission to Qatar.
Qatar has been the fastest growing healthcare market in the region and the country is investing heavily in its life sciences sector in general and in particular healthcare to cater to the demand from a growing population.
Healthcare is a priority concern for the Qatari leadership. The country will be facing a relatively high rise in demand for healthcare over the course of the next two decades. The Qatari government is constantly upgrading the quality of health services using technology, international expertise and knowledge. The MOPH will continue to implement the National Health Strategy. With the aim to develop a more comprehensive, integrated, preventive, skilled, policy-targeted, affordable and high-quality healthcare system, which will improve healthcare access for the population. It is said that the NHS 2017-2022, consists of plans to nearly double the existing number of Hospitals and medical centres from 35 to 66 by 2022.
What can you expect during the mission:
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about the Qatar Life Sciences & Health sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop and Introduction on the Qatari LSH sector & market
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in Doha; such as public -and private hospitals, healthcare cities, Ministry of Public Health etc.
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts and key LSH stakeholders.
- Knowledge Sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Presence and support from the Dutch Embassy in Doha and the Task Force Health Care.
To increase the quality and success of the mission a participants meeting will be organised. After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The health mission is relevant for Dutch companies and knowledge institutes active in the LSH sector who want to enter or explore the Qatari health care market. In particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Hospital Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospitals and clinics.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies which contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalisation of the healthcare sector.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Products and services within the domains education, training, consultancy and advisory services to optimise care capacity.
Note: In favour of the scope and quality of the mission, we reserve the right to accept or decline participants who do not belong to the relevant target group for this mission.
The participation fee is € 1.250,- excl. VAT
Discounts apply for:
TFHC partners: € 1.050,- excl. VAT
A 50% discount will apply for the second participant from the same company.
Costs for travel, accommodation, meals, translators, individual transportation and VAT are not included in the participation fee.
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the Dutch LSH delegation please register before 05 September 2019 by filling in the online application form. To read the TFHC Terms & Conditions click here.
This LSH mission has been made possible by the Netherlands Embassy in Qatar and the “Partners in International Business” (PIB) named TFHC Goes Middle East. The LSH PIB Middle East is a partnership between the Dutch Government, RVO and the TFHC PIB Covenant.
For more information regarding the health mission, please contact Jennifer Schrage, firstname.lastname@example.org, 070-21 99 005.