08 september 2019 - 12 september 2019
Life Sciences & Health Saudi Arabia
From 8 – 12 September 2019 the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh and the Task Force Health Care (TFHC), will organise a health mission to Saudi Arabia.
Background Saudi Arabian healthcare sector
Saudi Arabia is the largest healthcare market in the region and is estimated to reach $40 billion by 2020. Saudi Arabia is investing heavily in the healthcare sector and is building several ‘medical cities’. Healthcare needs will continue to rise, as the country is likely to reach a population size of 35.7 million by 2022, of which ~18% will be aged over 50 years. The government is encouraging the private sector to meet the growing demand. The decision to privatise several public hospitals and the introduction of comprehensive insurance coverage will encourage private investments in the sector.
What can you expect during the mission
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about the Saudi Arabian LSH sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop and Introduction on the Saudi Arabian Healthcare sector & market
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in Riyadh; such as the Ministry of Health, public -and private hospitals, healthcare cities etc.
- Participation with your logo in the Holland Lounge at the Global Health Exhibition in Riyadh more information
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts.
- Knowledge Sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Presence and support from the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh and the Task Force Health Care.
To increase the quality and success of the mission a participants meeting will be organised. After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The health mission is relevant for Dutch companies and knowledge institutes active in the LSH sector who want to enter or explore the Saudi Arabian health care market. In particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Hospital Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospitals and clinics.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies which contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness and digitalisation of the healthcare sector.
- Mobility & Vitality: Products and services in the field of prevention, rehabilitation, elderly care and home care.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Products and services within the domains education, training, consultancy and advisory services to optimise care capacity.
Note: In favour of the scope and quality of the mission, we reserve the right to accept or decline participants who do not belong to the relevant target group for this mission.
The participation fee is € 1.250,- excl. VAT
Discounts apply for:
TFHC partners: € 1.050,- excl. VAT
A 50% discount will apply for the second participant from the same company.
Costs for travel, visa, accommodation, meals, translators, individual transportation and VAT are not included in the participation fee.
Note: Informa, the organisers of the exhibition are in discussions about a possible e-visa for participants in the Global Health Exhibition.
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the Dutch LSH delegation please register before 05 July 2019 by filling in the online application form. To read the TFHC Terms & Conditions click here.
This LSH mission has been made possible by the Netherlands Embassy in Riyadh and the “Partners in International Business” (PIB) named TFHC Goes Middle East. The LSH PIB Middle East is a partnership between the Dutch Government, RVO and the TFHC PIB Covenant.
For more information regarding the LSH mission, please contact Jennifer Schrage, email@example.com, 070-21 99 005.