06 april 2020 - 08 april 2020
[CANCELLED] Life Sciences & Health | United Arab Emirates
Important Notice | The LSH mission is postponed due to the Coronavirus. New date to be announced (expected early June or September).
From 6 – 8 April 2020 the Dutch Consulate in Dubai and the Task Force Health Care (TFHC) will organize a health mission to The United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is one of the most organized and fastest-growing healthcare markets in the region. Healthcare remains among the priority sectors identified by the government, not only to diversify the oil-reliant economy but also to develop a strong healthcare infrastructure to ensure adequate services throughout the country.
With a vision to develop a world-class health care infrastructure, the UAE government is expanding and upgrading the healthcare system extensively so that it corresponds to international standards.
Lifestyle-related diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and cardiovascular disorders prevail strongly in the UAE. The National Agenda emphasizes the importance of preventive medicine and seeks to reduce cancer and lifestyle-related diseases, reduce the prevalence of smoking and increase the healthcare system’s readiness to deal with epidemics and health risks. To read the UAE Vision 2021 National Agenda please click here.
What to expect?
The health mission will provide excellent opportunities to meet new relevant business contacts and to learn more about the UAE Life Sciences & Health sector. You can expect the following program components during the mission.
(Please note that below items may be subject to change)
- Workshop and Introduction on the UAE LSH sector & market
- Collective visits to relevant LSH stakeholders in the UAE; such as public -and private hospitals, Ministry of Public Health, local health authorities etc.
- Networking reception where you can meet and invite (new) local business contacts and key LSH stakeholders.
- Knowledge Sharing and possible cooperation with participants within the Dutch LSH Delegation.
- Presence and support from the Dutch Embassy in Doha and the Task Force Health Care.
After registration, you will receive more details concerning the mission and the preparations.
Is this mission relevant for you?
The health mission is relevant for Dutch companies and knowledge institutes active in the LSH sector who want to enter or explore the Emirati health care market. In particular for those in the following fields:
- Medical Devices and appliances: Products, devices, disposables and equipment within the healthcare sector.
- Hospital Build, design and equipment: Products and services concerning the design, building, furnishing, equipping, operations and maintenance of hospitals and clinics.
- eHealth: Products and services within the domains of information- & communication technologies that contribute to the efficiency, effectiveness, and digitalization of the healthcare sector.
- Health Development/Knowledge/Education: Products and services within the domains education, training, consultancy, and advisory services to optimize care capacity.
- Mobility & Vitality: Products and services in the field of prevention, rehabilitation and home care.
Note: In favor of the scope and quality of the mission, we reserve the right to accept or decline participants who do not belong to the relevant target group for this mission.
Prices, terms & conditions
The participation fee: € 1.450,- excl. VAT
Discounts apply for:
TFHC platform partners: € 1.250,- excl. VAT
A 50% discount will apply for the second participant from the same company.
Costs for travel, accommodation, meals, translators, individual transportation and VAT are not included in the participation fee. For this mission, a maximum of 15 participants and 2 participants per company applies. In the selection procedure priority will be given to TFHC partners.
How to join?
If you want to be a part of the health mission please register before 06 March 2020. Click on the button below for the online application form.
This LSH mission has been made possible by the Netherlands Consulate in Dubai and the “Partners in International Business” (PIB) named TFHC Goes Middle East. The LSH PIB Middle East is a partnership between the Dutch Government, RVO and the TFHC PIB Covenant